BBB: T-Shirt Business Receives ‘F’ Rating
March 22, 2013 – Myrtle Beach, SC
The Better Business Bureau of Coastal Carolina is issuing a warning about a local business that hasn’t been delivering on its orders. Internet retail clothing merchant, International Cotton has received an F rating by BBB. The company has had 35 complaints in the past three years, with 18 complaints unanswered so far. The concern about the business has risen due to the fact that all of the complaints are similar in nature, and that they have stopped responding to the BBB altogether. The majority of complaints allege that consumers order merchandise, but never receive it. Other names that the business goes by include: Bluewater Shirt Club, Biker Shirt Club, Scuba Shirt Club, Surfer Shirt Club, and Tattoo Shirt Club.
BBB urges consumers to use caution when ordering merchandise online. Some tips to follow before ordering are:
- Know what the return policy is with all parties involved.
- Is the return policy the same for all customers?
- Know what will be the latest shipping date? Also, note that it could be after the return policy date voiding your chances to return the item.
- What is the policy if the order gets lost? Be sure you file a claim within the allotted time frame. Companies may try to put you off past the timeframe to file a claim.
- Remember to only use a credit card, not a debit card.
- Print out confirmation of the order with the promised shipping date.
Consumers can also check out internet scams on http://www.lookstoogoodtobetrue.com and http://www.ic3.gov
Kathy Graham is the President/CEO of the BBB of Coastal Carolina. She can be reached at 843-488-0238, or by e-mail: email@example.com
The mission of the Better Business Bureau is to promote, through self-regulation, the highest standards of business ethics and conduct, and to instill confidence in responsible businesses through programs of education and action that inform, protect and assist the general public. Contact the BBB by phone at (843)488-2227, or http://myrtlebeach.bbb.org/ or firstname.lastname@example.org